Today, when everything is revolving around the internet, shopping has also transformed into digital ways. With the increase in the number of smartphone users, e-commerce industry has shown the biggest boom around the world. People have found that this is certainly the best way to do shopping as their products reach by their side with just a few clicks.
E-commerce websites like Flipkart, Amazon, and Alibaba are one of the biggest e-commerce companies in the world generating billions of revenues. Thanks to the millions of people across the world, who are now fulfilling their shopping desires with the help of these e-commerce platforms.
Let me know you the present scenario of e-commerce in India with the help of these mind-blowing stats
– By December 2016, Indian e-commerce market has reached to $675 billion, and it is expected to reach about $900 billion by the end of December 2016.
– Indian online travel is nearly 71% of total e-commerce business in India.
– The number of e-commerce buyers in India is expected to reach 50 million by the end of 2017.
– Around 75% of total online users are in the age group of 15 to 34 which makes India as one of the youngest ecommerce country demographically.
The stats mentioned above clearly reveals that e-commerce industry is growing at a phenomenal speed. To improve and enhance the services, e-commerce industries are now opting various mediums to reach more and more people. The one that they feel the best is SMS services.
SMS seems to be the perfect platform for e-commerce industries. Due to the number of mobile phone users, text messages have now become a quick, reliable, cost-effective and secure way to bring more business.
Here are some advantages of SMS services in e-commerce industry
1. SMS is the most reliable, faster, comfortable and user-friendly form of communication.
2. Customers can easily send their related queries, comments, and feedback with SMS to the retailers.
3. Vendors can establish a strong relationship with customers when they get a quick reply.
4. E-commerce industry can use SMS for sending discounts, offers, coupons to the customers and encourage them to shop more.
5. With the help of SMS surveys and questionnaire, e-commerce companies can receive customer’s feedback in a simple and efficient way.
6. SMS is also a secure medium for doing transactions in e-commerce. Companies can ensure security by sending OTP message to customer’s mobile number.
How To Use SMS Services For E-Commerce Company?
1. Customer Retention
A great way to make a customer buy something is to remind them that they already bought something from you and were happy.
You can use Bulk SMS services to send a “Please visit us again, we have a special sale going on only for “returning” customers” SMS, and you’ll love your conversion rates.
2. Loyalty Points
Loyalty points are another way to pull customers in. Awarding Loyalty points on purchase goes a long way.
Sending an SMS which awards points based on purchases of certain items, or by meeting a certain amount on cart total.
For e.g. Sending an SMS that says “You’re awarded 100 points for purchasing goods worth 10,000 INR” can do the trick.
This will get them the incentive they might be looking for, so the next time they need a product, they’ll choose your platform over others because for the same product, at the same price, they’re being awarded points with you, while with others there might not be something similar to them.
3. Product Tracking Notifications
Using BULK SMS services only when you need something from them kills the reputation. Considering these services are cheap, you should automate the process of “delivery notifications,” or any other relevant details as such.
For e.g. letting them know where their product is at any given time, or by letting them know every time one of their favorite items is back in stock can do the trick.
4. Catch Words
Whatever SMS you send, you just can’t miss their attention if you include words like “Sale” “discount” “Free” etc.! So even if there’s nothing to giveaway for free, make sure the word “free” makes it appearance one way or another.
The never failing weapon, coupons! Just 4-5 words can shoot your sales through the roof with an SMS like “80% discount coupon: – XSASEW”. That’s all!
No one wants to miss when there’s a “discount” going on something; even they don’t need it, they’ll buy it just to stock it up.
6. Pre-Custom Sales
This is one of the more “advanced” uses of Bulk SMS services for E-commerce platforms. What you can do is, you can set up a sale page, something that’s been set up only for those who’ve opted for SMS notifications.
And send a short link to the page via the SMS:- “Hey, We’re running a 24-hour Sale day only for loyal customers with SMS notifications enabled like you over at bit.ly/yourURL”.
Once they know it’s something that’s exclusively for them and not the general public, the “social” instinct gets the better of them, and you get a couple of hundred dozen customers for the day.
There’s no hard and fast rule setup for using Bulk SMS for E-commerce. It all depends on how creative you can get, how good you can utilize the SMS space you get, without annoying your customers.
If done right, it’s one of the most powerful weapons in your arsenal. And the above-discussed points are just some of the few viable options and methods you can use.
Feel free to work your way around other strategies as well; you never know when your customers start falling in love with your platform.